Ministry Management Course
Entrepreneurship is more than just a means to gain wealth and live a good life. What if your business is also your ministry? During the 12-month Ministry Management course various teachers—with years of experience in business evangelism—take you on a journey that will entirely change the way you look at entrepreneurship. You will learn everything you need to know to start your own business, and use it to win souls for Jesus.
Please be aware that this is an advanced course. Completion of the six-month Health Evangelism course, it’s equivalent from an affiliated institution or the Essentials of Health Evangelism course by LIGHT is required.
The Ministry Management course is the best hands-on experience I’ve ever had. It taught me how to run a sustainable business/ministry by bridging the gap between entrepreneurship and the gospel.
Alex Deis, Ministry Management graduate
On-campus spring session:
Starts July 2024
The Application Deadline is March 13, 2024
For International Students: Check with your local US consulate to check appointment availability before proceeding with the application.
One month mission trip (optional) after each course, anywhere in the world (depending on the needs).
What Will You Learn
- Kick-start your own business, from writing a business plan to hiring your first employee.
- Basic accounting and Christian finance
- Project management, including project life cycles, and work breakdown structures. Also learn planning, organizing, directing, and controlling projects.
- Manage specific ministry projects, such as in the food service industry, retail and merchandise industry, lifestyle centers, and educational development.
- Human resource management
Marketing & Media
- The role of marketing in self-supporting work and Christian ethics
- Create a pathway for your target audience to walk, to lead them to buy your product or use your service.
- Research consumer behavior and define your target audience.
- Basic graphic design
- Social media marketing
- Launch your own landing page.
- Shoot your own promo video.
- Take a look at the mistakes Bible characters have made, and what we can learn from them.
- Trace God’s leading in history as to understand His revealed ideal for His remnant people in mission work.
- How to turn a business into a ministry
- How to lead as a servant
Ministry Management Prepares You To
Take a managerial position in an existing ministry.
Develop and manage a self-supporting ministry (such as a lifestyle center, herb shop, health food store, restaurant, or treatment center).
Develop and manage a missionary training school.
Start your own city mission.
Case Studies and Analysis
Human Resource Management
Spiritual Foundation and Leadership
Christian Leadership I
Christian Leadership II
- We will look at the question of objective, absolute truth, and its importance in the context of a pluralistic worldview.
- Understand the different dynamics that are part of interacting with non-Adventists and atheists.
- Learn to defend by reason and in a way that benefits the Biblical Adventist faith.
- Understand the history and importance of how Adventists interpret the Bible.
- Understand sound Biblical methods to interpret inspired writings.
- Understand the nature of the historical-critical method.
- Learn how to study the Bible, letting Scripture explain itself.
- Learn how to deal with difficult texts in Scripture.
Seventh-Day Adventist History
Business and Strategic Planning
Technology for Entrepreneurs
Food Service Management
Principle of Lifestyle Center Management
Retail Management and Merchandising
In order to start the Ministry Management course, you will need to have finished one of the following courses and be able to provide evidence in the form of a certificate of completion: the six-month Health Evangelism course at Wildwood Center for Health Evangelism, the Essentials of Health Evangelism course at LIGHT, or any LIGHT affiliated one-month or six-month course.
If you are in your teenage years, you need to have completed your secondary education before coming to study at Wildwood. The minimum age is 18 years old. Any exception needs to be approved by the Education Committee. The applicant must also be well familiarized with the English language.
Certificate of Completion
Upon satisfactory completion of the Ministry Management course, and having fully met the financial obligations, the student is awarded with the following certificates of completion:
- Ministry Management
- Christian Leadership
During the second semester of the Ministry Management course, every student is required to do an apprenticeship in an assistant-leadership position at one of Wildwood Health Institute’s on-campus departments. This depends on the student’s capabilities.
- President’s office
- LIGHT (not affiliated with Wildwood but on Wildwood’s campus)
- Lifestyle center
- Auto shop
- Wildwood Natural Food Market (including herb shop)
Ministry Management Course
Ready to start a ministry? Apply for the Ministry Management course today.