Health Evangelism Course
Are you dreaming of becoming a missionary? Jesus in His mission work taught, preached, and healed. Our six-month Health Evangelism course combines all three, with an emphasis on health. This training is designed to give you all the skills you need to go out and reach the world through the health message. As Christian author Ellen G. White once wrote, medical missionary work is the “entering wedge of the gospel (…), and every soul should be filled with the true medical missionary spirit”.
“This course has been extremely informational, but above all it has been character building. I can’t wait to use these simple remedies to share the gospel with my community!”
Karen Purba, Health Evangelism graduate
On-campus spring session:
Starts December 2023 /January 2024
The Application Deadline is September 13, 2023
For International Student Applicants: Check with your local US consulate to check appointment availability before proceeding with the application.
Month-long mission trip (optional) after each course, anywhere in the world (depending on the needs).
This course is also available online. Where you can start at any time and study at your own pace.
What Will You Learn
- Use health evangelism to reach the world.
- Start a community wellness club.
- Organize a health expo.
- Teach plant-based vegetarian cooking classes.
Preparation for the Mission Field
- Learn twelve basic hydrotherapy treatments.
- Learn swedish massage.
- Provide first aid, CPR, and basic nursing training for any mission field.
- Apply the principles of health and healing found in the NEWSTART acronym.
- Use various natural remedies and herbs for healing.
Christian Growth and Bible Work
- Do personal and friendship evangelism.
- Give Bible studies.
- Identify God’s will for your life.
- Gain basic understanding of Bible prophecy as understood by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Health Evangelism Prepares You To
Become a teacher in medical missionary schools.
Minister as a Christian health educator in your community.
God’s Healing Program
Anatomy, Physiology, and Lifestyle
Herbs & Charcoal
Principles of Mental Health
First Aid and Mission Medicine
How to Start a Ministry
Finishing the Work
The purpose of this class is to empower students to analyze the prophetic message that is especially relevant for today’s generation. The students will be given tools to share this important message with the world. The class curriculum will be divided into three topics:
- Analysis of the historical narrative of Daniel, and how its principles can be applied to the end times.
- Analysis of the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation.
- Chronological study of the final events as can be found in prophecy.
Health Expo: Adults
Health Expo: Kids
Comprehensive Health Ministry
- You must have completed your secondary education before coming to study at Wildwood
- The minimum age is 18 years old
- The applicant must also be well familiarized with the English language
- If you are an international student, you must have a valid passport that will last for 2 years from date of application
Certificate of Completion
Upon satisfactory completion of the Health Evangelism course, and having fully met the financial obligations, the student is awarded the following certificates of completion:
- Health Evangelism
- Swedish massage
Every student is required to volunteer a couple of hours per week at Wildwood Health Institute as part of their curriculum. This will give the student valuable experience and promote physical and mental health. Which department the student will be placed in depends on the needs of the institution.
Examples of departments a student can volunteer at:
- Wildwood Natural Food Market
- Campus Maintenance
- Lifestyle Maintenance
- Business office at the lifestyle center
- LIGHT (not a Wildwood department)
- Diet Kitchen
- Student Cafeteria
- Elderly Care
- Residence assistance
Health Evangelism Course
Ready to become a missionary? Apply for the Health Evangelism course today.